Social Media though has many advantages it also has many downsides. A Brand image is always at risk due to it. There is nothing to fear but you need to be careful and alert. With the help of following points, your brand can be active on social media without being affected by the threats of social media.
1. Implementation of Social Media Policy - A social media policy helps you establish certain procedures which will protect your brand channels from spiteful behaviour. A social media policy defines behaviours, rules and regulations about the use of social media.
2. Training and Educating Employees - A social media policy is only useful when it is understood and implemented in a proper manner. Employees should be given a thorough understanding about this policy. They should also be trained in order to implement the policy.
3. Difficult Access to Social Media Accounts - make access to your social media accounts very difficult. Brands often make this mistake of keeping their passwords something very predictable and simple. It is likely to be hacked and affect the brand image. Always keep complex passwords and with the help of additional verification, it will create a layer of protection.
4. Approve before publishing - Who approves the content that goes on your social media? There should be a clear system which is focused and checks whether everything is under control. Using other applications for posting could definitely save time but there needs to be approval system which allows only a few employees to post whereas others might only have a read-only permission.
5. Monitor social activity - Monitoring the activity of social media accounts related to the brand have multiple benefits. It allows you to engage with more people, deal with their issues and also look out for any inappropriate or sensitive content.
Make brand protection your priority and keep in mind the above points to stop any social threats or problems from directly affecting your brand image.